Re: Tires for 98' 4X4

From: Jason Bleazard (bleazard@isgtec.com)
Date: Tue Oct 28 1997 - 16:36:08 EST

>Just noticed that there has been a lot of tire talk going on lately and just
>wanted to contribute my most recent experience. Anyway, I have just bought
>a 98 4X4 Club Cab and my first mission was the tires as I am in the tire
>business. We've done alot of different types of vehicles in the past...
>But doing up this truck has been a real experiment I must say.

<snip>

Thanks for relating your experience. I, for one, found it most
informative.

I have also been considering replacing the tires on my '95 4x4. The
biggest problem with the '95 is that the rims are only 6" wide. I've
talked to some on this list who have mounted 31x10.50 R15 on these rims,
with some "minor" rubbing. I've heard from others that 30x9.50 R15 fits
with no problems. I'm currently riding on Goodyear Wrangler AT in
P235/75R15, so even going to 30x9.50 will be an improvement. Since funds
for new wheels aren't likely to materialize in my bank account, I think
I'll probably have to stop at 30.

Do you have any experience with the Pirelli Scorpion AT? I haven't been
able to find anyone who knows anything about them more than what Pirelli
put on their web site. I have past experience with Pirelli on cars and
know they make a great tire, but I'm not sure how well their expertise
translates to all-terrain.

>The company I work for; Anderson Tire & Treads Inc. is a distributer of
>both Magnum and a similar Product called EQUAL. If anyone would like to
>know more about either of these products or want to ask any other tire
>related questions I will be more than happy to help you out.

<snip>

>Chris Freiburger
>cfrybrgr@andersontire.ca
>Work # (905) 522-7721

905? Looks like we have someone else in southern Ontario and I didn't
even know it. As far as I know, there are four of us: Chris, myself,
Norah and Brian Cleary (assuming you're still here, Brian). I'm pretty
new to the area. Would you happen to know of any good trail maps, or even
have any suggestions on where to go for a drive in the country?

Thanks.

Jason Bleazard ISG Technologies Inc.
bleazard@isgtec.com (905) 672-2100 x.397