Re: The deed is done.

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 05 1997 - 09:34:35 EST

> At 08:20 PM 11/3/97 -0500, you wrote:
> >In what state do you live?? I live in Pennsylvania, and we are faced with
> >an election day question as to whether we should raise our sales tax by
> .5%...
> >
> >We are no at 7%, and I thought we were the highest around...
> -The Police State of California.
> Here sales tax is by county.
> If you buy a vehicle in another county w/a lower sales tax you will get a
> bill from the state f/the difference. So far I've never heard of anyone
> getting a refund from buying in a higher taxed county.

That sounds pretty shi##y to me, geez didn't know there were states that
bad around, here in GA we have a base State sales tax of 3%, and then each
county has some added on top of that, the county I'm in has 3% on top for
a total of 6%, but here you just pay whatever the sales tax is in the
county you bought it in, no bills from state if you buy in a lower sales
tax county than the one your in, but of course we don't get refunds either
if we buy in a high tax county.

Bruce