Re: The deed is done

From: Rupert Horn (rupert.horn@ucop.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 05 1997 - 10:44:55 EST

>>Be thankful you don't live in Kentucky. Here they could care less what
>>the difference is. I just found out the hard way. It didn't matter
>>what the trade-in value on my old vehicle was. We get charged th
>>"retail price" of the new vehicle.... 6% :(
-That's the same as here in CA. I was surprised to find out it differed
elsewhere.

>>Oh yea, we also get to pay a personal property tax based on the blue
>>book value on any licensed vehicle every year, in addition to the
>>$18.50, or whatever, we pay for our license plates .... errr, I mean
>>stickers each year.
-Here in The Police State we don't have "personal property tax". But,
every year we do have to pony up license fees. Tags for my new DAK came to
$459.00
Eight weeks beginning to seem like an eternity.
Just hope I'll be able to drive it upon arrival. Has surgery on me right
wrist & arm Saturday last.