Re: 97 Brakes

From: acasey@io.com
Date: Thu Nov 06 1997 - 03:50:20 EST

> im startin g to notice a small shimmy on application,,, im hoping its not an
> indication of problems to come..
>

> tedescdb wrote:
>
> > Anybody getting a shake from the brakes on 97' Dak 4X4?
> > Feels like warped rototrs but the truck only has 8000 on it. (I do drive it like
> > a madman though, don't we all)
> > Dan B. Tedesco

The brakes on the Dak are definatley far from perfect. The rotors on
mine have been turned about every 20000 and one had to be replaced
because it was too far out of specs. I decided to use non metalic
pads and that seems to help, (they don't create as much heat). Of
course they take a little more effort to stop. The rotors seem real
suseptable to heat, which causes them to warp. I am thinking of
cross drilling my next set of rotors since my current set can't be
turned again. They must make these things out of pig iron or
something.

Alan...