FW: Head Lights

From: Ned Vogler (NVOGLER@rghosp.chime.org)
Date: Fri Nov 07 1997 - 12:27:00 EST

>I checked out your homepage and I like those Catz lights you put
>in the air dam holes. I have basically the same truck ('96 SLT)

Thanks, I like them too!!

>and would like any info you could give on the installation, price,
>and how well they work. I saw on the Catz page that they also make
>that version in a driving light (I think you have the fogs?). I
>also sent them a request for more info.

Yes, they do make the MSX in fog lights or driving lights, I went with
the fogs, because I wanted additional illumination down low in front of
the truck (wish I had gotten the stock fogs, but these are much better).
 I think they also offer a couple of different lenses, clear, and
amber/iridium (which I have). I do a lot of driving in the winter, and
they work great in snowstorms. They do a great job of illuminating the
"gap" between the bottom of the stock headlights beams and the front of
the truck. Being that they're a 90 degree horizontal bulb, they also add
quite a bit of light to either side. I haven't had too many problems in
the way of other cars high-beaming me, I think I've got them aimed
correctly, and I've also got them mounted to the bumper, to eliminate any
shaking. I originally had them mounted just to the air dam, but it
wasn't quite sturdy enough, and they did shake some when mounted there.
 Installation wasn't too bad, the box comes with everything you need,
including an illuminated (when on) switch for inside the cab. I put it
down low on the blank angled panel below the dash by the headlight
switch. The price was $209.00 from a local imported car repair place. I
originally saw these lights in a Motor Trend magazine, and thought "Hey,
those would fit right into the air dam holes!" so I set out to find them.
 I'm very glad I did, they're an excellent pair of lights, and TONS
better than the stock fogs would have been. If you need any more
specific info, please e-mail me back.

Ciao!

Ned Vogler
(nvogler@rghosp.chime.org)
'96 Dakota SLT V8 5-sp 4x4 Club Cab
Gibson 3" Catback Exhaust/MPI FIPK-clone/Magnecor KV85 wires
Brass Cap & Rotor/Autolite Platinums/Blaster 3 Coil
MSD 6AL Ignition & MPI Super Street TBI w/Power Bridge
Pioneer DEH-65DH/Pioneer TS-A5705/TS-626/SAS Bazooka A82-80
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/9636/