Re: Possible transmission shifting problem

From: Jarrod Pilone (moparman@jet.laker.net)
Date: Fri Nov 07 1997 - 22:16:56 EST

> I have a 94 with a Vortech, and have recently dialed it in to the point
where it doesn't
> detonate under power via Jacobs Boost master. My problem now is that my
trans mission
> seems to be slipping in the 5000 rpm range, then it seems to grab hard
until it hits the annoying rev limiter on the Mopar SBEC. Has anyone had
any problems with their
> transmissions after putting some power to them? Any help in this area
would be of great
> help. Anyone interested in a Vortech should contact Auburn Performance
Equipment at www.tiac.net/users/goape/index.htm Their phone number is 800
858-0070 for orders
> and 508 832-6765 for tech. Happy motoring. If anyone needs any
installation tips get in
> touch with me because I have a few for the Vortech. Another question,
how is it that everyone can put what their truck has done to it under their
e-mail address in ther messages? Just wondering.

daniel,

congratulations on owning a very badass truck, not too many supercharged
dakotas around, im hoping to make mine one of em real soon.

anyways, what you are talking about with your tranny i beleive is something
i experience once in a blue moon, you have a transgo shift kit right? if
so, you need to make some adjustments to your kickdown cable, my truck will
do the same thing under funny conditions. if you get the mopar SBEC, your
problems will be solved and you will notice your truck will run in the
13's:) its amazing with what ya can do with 600 more rpms (or is it 800?).
unfortunately for me, the '97 computer isnt available yet, but you can buy
one right now!. get one!. but make sure that you do some more tuning with
your jacobs, cause that mopar box will advance your ignition, which is what
you DONT want with a forced induction system my friend. so for now, if ya
cant afford a SBEC, adjust your kickdown cable forward an 1/8 of an inch or
so. that will make it shift a bit better for your application. hope i have
helped.

Jarrod

Jarrod Pilone moparman@laker.net
http://falcon.laker.net/moparman
'97 Dakota CC Sport V8, Flowmaster, FIPK, Pilone Throttle Body, Transgo
Shift Kit, "R/T" Bumblebee Stripe. Lakewood Traction Bars. 15.68@85.33
'72 Dodge Demon, future 12 second 1/4 mile car

My Woman? Yes My Dog? Maybe

My Dodge? NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!