Re: Durango/Dealership

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 11 1997 - 12:24:49 EST

> Bruce:
>
> My guess is that they figured that you (a guy under 21) didn't have the
> bucks to buy the truck and therefore weren't a serious customer. I have
> never had any problems (since I am older than 21) driving any new vehicle
> at the local dealerships and I always tell them I have no intention of
> buying that day.
>
> The rest of the story is simply letting you down politely.
>
> Get 'Charles' to drive you to the dealership in the family Rolls Royce and
> I'm sure you'll get a different reception.
>

> Rob Agnew
> ragnew@islandnet.com
>
> Victoria, B.C.
> Canada

Well, what made me so mad was the fact that the day before I'd went with
one of my friends (Who is also 19) to a Ford dealership because he wanted
to test drive an Explorer, he told the guy basically the same thing I told
the Dodge dealership, that he was just looking around and wanted to see
how it drove, the guy immediately went inside got the keys, handed them to
my friend and hopped in the back with us and off we went (Never asked to
see his driver's license or insurance card, I got asked for both at the
Dodge Dealership) for about a 10 mile test drive. The fact that I had no
trouble the day before getting a test drive, and the next day I got blown
off. Oh well, I do know that the next new vehicle I buy, I'm going to
drive right up to the front door, find the salesman that blew me off, and
tell him, this commision could've been yours if you weren't such a prick
to me, then walk out.

Bruce