Re: Durango/Dealership

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Mon Nov 10 1997 - 17:52:02 EST

At 02:39 PM 11/10/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Guys,
> Was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar incident with
>their local Dodge dealership, this is what happened: Saw that my local
>dealership (Courtesy Chrysler Plymouth Dodge in Dalton, GA) had A Durango
>in stock, so I stopped in and asked for a test drive, told them I was just
>looking around at different trucks/sport utes and wanted to see how it
>drove, their reply" are you planning to buy right now", i told them no, I
>want to test out everything first, want to see how different ones drive
>and handle reponse" It drives great, it's a new truck" (Well, Duh, but
>that's not what i asked). Then they came up with "Our Insurance doesn't
>allow us to let anyone under 21 have a test drive" so then i asked if I
>could just ride in it while one of them drove, their reponse "No, not
>unless your planning to buy right now, we're trying to keep the miles
>down" Which is a crock if you ask me, because all they do is add the
>number of miles on it to the warranty, I know when my brother bought a new
>truck it already had 150 miles on it, all they did was bump warranty to
>last till it had 36,150 miles on it. So I finally just said fine,
>whatever, and walked out. It just really pissed me off, because they just
>kept blowing me off. They might not realize it but they just lost a lot
>of business, because I'll never buy anything from them now, and I plan to
>own several CC products over the years, none of which they'll earn
>anything off of. Later-
>
>Bruce

Bruce:

My guess is that they figured that you (a guy under 21) didn't have the
bucks to buy the truck and therefore weren't a serious customer. I have
never had any problems (since I am older than 21) driving any new vehicle
at the local dealerships and I always tell them I have no intention of
buying that day.

The rest of the story is simply letting you down politely.

Get 'Charles' to drive you to the dealership in the family Rolls Royce and
I'm sure you'll get a different reception.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, B.C.
Canada