Re: Tow hooks for '95

From: Steve (Slow@primenet.com)
Date: Wed Nov 12 1997 - 10:19:01 EST

On Wed, 12 Nov 1997 13:56:32 -0500 (EST), you wrote:

>I recently asked the parts counter at my fiendly service center about
>putting tow hooks on my '95 4x4, and they said that one pair of Mopar =
tow
>hooks for a '95 would be about $200 installed. This seems a little =
steep
>to me, since I can get the hooks at Canadian Tire for $12.99 each. Does
>anyone have any experience with the Mopar tow hooks? What makes them so
>special, if anything? I might see how much it would be for just the =
parts
>and try to put them on myself. I'm a much better programmer than I am a
>mechanic, but if it's just bolting with maybe a little cutting or =
drilling
>I should be okay.=20

I do, but mine's a 97'. The kit was $130 and it took a few hours to
do. The reason is was so much is that there was a complete "receiever
hitch" looking bracket that is mounted to the truck, and then you bolt
the hooks to that....

        Steve

=09
97' Dakota, CC, 4X4, 5 Speed, all the goodies 'cept anti-lock brakes,
Mud Flaps, spare-tire lock, Step-Shields, EVSII Alarm, Gibson Single
3" Cat-Back,Tow Hooks....