Re: Bed Dividers..expanding poles..

From: Chip Maurer (chip@unx.dec.com)
Date: Thu Nov 13 1997 - 13:14:14 EST

Keith Knuth wrote:

> I have seen expandable poles sold as pickup bed dividers. They just prop
> themselves up against the sides of your bed (spring loaded?) and hold boxes or
> whatever up against your tailgate or cab Anyone know where to get them?
>
> They looked extremely handy for keeping stuff from sliding around.
> K.

I was at a local hardware store bankruptcy sale recently (another Home
Depot casualty) and bought one of these poles because 'I need this thing,
besides, its 20% off'. It has those little spring loaded push buttons that
lets you expand the pole to within a couple inches of bed width, then you
turn it and the screw pads at the end make it tight (supposedly). I haven't
used it yet. I'm trying to figure out how to store it in the (club) cab without
getting in the way. I also picked up one o' dem emergency nylon tow ropes
with the hooks at each end, and a ratchet tie down thingie. All of these
are made by the same company (don't recall offhand who).

--
| Chip Maurer           chip@unx.dec.com    |