PART II: Defroster Lobotomy

From: E. Frank Ball III (frankb@cougar.sr.hp.com)
Date: Thu Nov 13 1997 - 16:22:28 EST

} Subject: Re: DML: Defroster control lobotomy
}
} I was re-reading your explanation, and the main problem when I tried to get
} into it a few months back was, I couldn't get the control unit out of the
} dash. It seemed to be hanging up on something. Did you have a problem with
} this, and if so what was it?

I spent some more time with the factory shop manual, and discovered you
are supposed to remove the radio before the AC/heater controls. This is
only two screws, two connectors, and a ground strap to get out. This
should make the job much easier, and you can then unplug the vacuum
lines and take the AC/heater control unit inside to work on.

I also discovered there are supposed to be 10 screws to remove the dash
panel, it turns out my truck is missing the two that are hidden by the
knee crusher panel.

Frank Ball 1UR-M frankb@sr.hp.com (707) 794-4168 work
Hewlett Packard (707) 794-3038 fax (707) 538-3693 home
1212 Valley House Drive Kawi KDX200, Yamaha XT350 YZF600R Seca 750
Rohnert Park CA 94928-4999 '95 Dakota SLT Club Cab V8 5-Speed 2WD