Re: Re: Re: Exhaust quote.

From: Scott Lemser (ramman@mailexcite.com)
Date: Thu Nov 13 1997 - 15:27:50 EST

Scott Miller wrote:<concerning Catalytic convertors>

Just thought I might give a couple of cents worth.

>I'm not sure, but I think it depends on the state's laws you are living in
>and it doesn't matter on anything older than a 1990 vehicle or older.
>
>Later
>
>Scott Miller
>Shelby #322

Scott,
I don't want to come off as a knowitall but having held an Inspectors license I know
that -
While individual states may dictate at which model year emmisions inspections are
mandatory (if performed at all) Federal Law, as in EPA and FELONY, states " no piece
of emmisions reducing equipment installed on a vehicle manufactured after 1967 may
be removed or modified in such a way as to render it innefective or less effective
than its intended design, under penalty of law "..
This includes Cat's, Air / Smog pumps, sensors, restrictive devices ect...ect...

Regards,
Scott Lemser
'95 SLT CC, 4X4, v8, auto, Headers, Flowmaster, MSD 6AL, FIPK, MP SBEC, 4" Lift,
31x11.50x15 Dakota A/T's
3.55 S/G, Towing Package and soon to have a LOJACK so I be NO JACKED while cruisin
the 'Hood.

http://www.mailexcite.com