Re: DML Digest V3 #324

From: T & J (starwolf@bewellnet.com)
Date: Fri Nov 14 1997 - 22:57:57 EST

      starwolf@bewellnet.com

> What I did was go to an independent exhaust shop and they cut the
pipe just behind the cat and put in 3" pipe up to the axle then split the
over axle pipes into 2-1/2"duals. This was done without a muffler so I
could determine if this was the sound I wanted, but it cackled when I gave
it gas and didn't sound what I had in mind, so I returned a day later and
had a performance muffler installed- it was about 20" long for that bit
deeper rumble. It all cost me about $180.00 and that was with chrome tips.
Noticed an immediate better response to the throttle not to mention a
better quality sound.

----------
From: Gary Ludwick <72155.316@compuserve.com>
To: INTERNET:dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: DML: DML Digest V3 #324
Date: Friday, November 14, 1997 7:35 PM

Message text written by INTERNET:dakota-truck@buffnet.net
From: Glenn & Lynn Vanderburg <vanderbu@silk.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Re: DML: Exhaust quote.

Look Fella's All I want to do is make this puppy breath easier. I really
had no intention of not having the Cats. I was just surprised at the first
quote given that did not including Cats. If I end up with duals I will look
into the wreckers for another Cat. That should help keep the price down
till I can get new ones. Maybe it would be better or easier just to stick
to a Cat back system of some kind. I just always thought Duals beat
singles, but I'm slowly changing my mind.
GCV
<

Sorry, but the junkyard's not going to be the answer. It's illegal to sell
used cat converters...or to put one on your car.