Re: FW: Decal Question

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 17 1997 - 23:37:53 EST

At 09:36 AM 11/14/97 PST, Ned Vogler wrote:
>JT McBride wrote:
>>
>> Michael's decal design is pretty neat - order in the mail, btw - but
>why
>> don't we make one that advertises the Dakota Mailing List?
><SNIP>
>> So, what's the list.opinion on this idea?
>> Jim
>
>and Michael Clark writes:
>
>>That might look good, I will try to make a .jpg on what it would look
>>like in a few days. In the meantime I put a few together just off the
>>top of my head, and posted them to my geocities site. Just go to;
>
>How about some type of a custom license plate frame with "Dakota Mailing
>List" or "Dakota Mailing List" member at the top, and
>"dakota-truck@buffnet.net" at the bottom or something like that. I know
>I've got the MPI license plate frame on the front of my truck, but I
>could certainly change it. I'm running out of space for decals! :-)
>I've got my MP, Gibson, and K&N decals on one side of the rear window, a
>Mopar decal with pentastar and the DDBC in the middle, and a "Technica -
>Fast Company" decal on the right! (I know - not Dak or Mopar related, but
>hey, I liked the slogan!) Who else has ideas?

    I've wanted to do something along these lines for a while now but
I never really got around to doing anything about it.

   I don't know if any of you know of it, but there's a "virtual" motorcycle
club in rec.motorcycles called the Denizens of Doom. Every now and again,
a member will see if anyone is interested in DoD patches, pins, decals,
license plate frames, etc. If the response is enough, they'll run a batch
and sell 'em for a little more than their expenses. The extra money is
donated to the AMA Motorcycle Museum.

   I was thinking that it would be cool to do something similar with
the DML... For example, maybe someone wants to do DML T-shirts; and they
find out they can get them printed for $7 each. (Just guessing here)
You might tack on $1 for shipping, another dollar or two for the DML and
sell 'em for $9-$10. If you sold 20, that'd be another 2-4 months of life
for the list. :-)

   Only problem is, it would be nice to have a list logo to put on this
stuff. :-) However, once you've got a logo, its not like you can change
it every week, so its gotta be good. :-) (Unfortunately, I'm not too
good at thinking up logos.) :-)

                                              -Jon-

  .--- stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu -- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ---.
  | DoD# 1038, EAA# 518210, NMA# 117376, USUA# A46209, KotWitDoDFAQ, RP-SEL |
  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT Club Cab, '96 Kolb FireFly 447 (#FF019) |
   I do not speak for the SUNY College at Fredonia; any opinions are my own.