Re: Popping out of FWD

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 19 1997 - 12:08:29 EST

> I have just recently developed the problem of my '94 popping out of FWD
> while driving along. This is not good especially on an ice covered road.
> Also it has become very hard to pull it in an out of FWD. Has anyone else
> experienced this problem? Any thoughts on how to fix this problem? I use
> my FWD on a fairly regular basis so I don't believe it is doing it because
> of a lack of use.
>
> Mark

Have you checked to see if your transfer case is full of fluid, because if
I'm not mistaken it uses hydraulic pressure to go into and out of 4WD, so
if their isn't enough fluid it can't create enough pressure to make a
smooth shift into and out of gear, might explain it popping out of gear,
never was enough pressure to make it go fully into gear. just a thought,
might be wrong...

Bruce