Re: Replacing parts

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 19 1997 - 12:12:50 EST

> I have a problem with my 1997 Dakota. I bought the truck un
> June and it seemed ok at the time. I went on a long drive
> to New Mexico and now the is a rattel in the front
> suspension. I took it to the dealer and they couldn't find
> any loose parts and I have even been under there and I
> couldn't find anything. Is this just a normal problem or
> just a problem with my truck. It only rattels when you hit
> a sharp bump of go over a ruff road. If anyone else has a
> problem like this could you tell me. Or if anyone has any
> ideas on how to fix it or what might be loose. Thanks
>
> obeney@nmt.edu

Have you considered it might not be the suspension itself, but rather
something else under the front rattling, especially since it only rattles
on sharp bumps or rough roads, it seems like if it was something in
suspension it would rattle on any bumps, not just the big ones. It might
be worth a shot to check out everything under the front end to see if any
of it's lose....

Bruce