Re: Replacing parts

From: acasey@io.com
Date: Thu Nov 20 1997 - 04:54:50 EST

> I have a problem with my 1997 Dakota. I bought the truck un
> June and it seemed ok at the time. I went on a long drive
> to New Mexico and now the is a rattel in the front
> suspension. I took it to the dealer and they couldn't find
> any loose parts and I have even been under there and I
> couldn't find anything. Is this just a normal problem or
> just a problem with my truck. It only rattels when you hit
> a sharp bump of go over a ruff road. If anyone else has a
> problem like this could you tell me. Or if anyone has any
> ideas on how to fix it or what might be loose. Thanks
>
> obeney@nmt.edu

David

I have the same problem on my 94. It started out just on one side
but now is on both. I plan on taking the suspension apart and
replacing all the bushings as soon as I get a weekend off. Hopfully
I will either find the problem or it will fix the problem.
I have spent some time with the truck up on stands trying to find it
with no luck. I can't recreate it while its on stands with just me
pushing and pulling on everything. Evidently only the weight of the
truck can do it. I'll keep you posted.

Alan...