Re: squeaky dash

From: acasey@io.com
Date: Thu Nov 20 1997 - 05:16:23 EST

> > Anybody have any good ideas on how to make my damn dash quite squeaking.
> > It's not that loud, but I can here it just enough to irritate me.
> >
> > Help!!!
> >
> > Scott Miller

Scott

My trucks most annoying squeak was from the panel under the steering
column. I took the panel off by removing about 4 screws, including
the hood release. the inside of the panel is covered with dense
foam. It makes contact with the steering column and other surfaces,
creating the squeak. I placed 2 shop rags on top of the foam and
screwed the panel back on. Bye Bye squeak.
Now I have another annoying squeak that comes from between the dash
and the door, but only seems to be a problem when the truck has been
sitting out in the sun. Not sure how to fix that one. I probably
won't.

I think the big 3 ought to take a field trip to a Honda plant and
learn the skill of fit and finish. My wife's Honda blows away any
Dodge, Ford or Chevy I have ever driven as far as the refinment level
of the vehicle. And she has never had any squeaks. If Honda built a
V8 powered truck, I would be the first in line to buy one.

Alan...