Re: cleaning the TB

From: T & J (starwolf@bewellnet.com)
Date: Thu Nov 20 1997 - 16:12:15 EST

   From: Tim Roller
            starwolf@bewellnet.com
            Nov.20 at 2:00pm

> Are you sure the problem is from your TB assy.? When was the last
time the fuel filter was changed or not knowing what part of the country
you're in but here in Colorado they've started with the winter fuel which I
noticed with the first tank of gas with the CRAP FUEL that I lost power,
idles rougher, lousey MPG(but I do have a lead foot) and nasty smell coming
from the exhaust with all those so-called pollution control additives.
However if the TB does need cleaning, just ONLY use a carburator cleaner
that is safe for all sensors and usually only needs spraying while on
vehicle unless the mounting gasket needs changing because of leakage, and
most important--DON'T DROP parts down the throttle bore if you decide to
remove the TB.