Re: Transmission ?'s

From: Steve.Knickerbocker@sematech.org
Date: Fri Nov 21 1997 - 16:25:40 EST

Subject: DML: Transmission ?'s
Author: mbrandes (mbrandes@realworks.com) at MIME
Date: 11/21/97 2:25 PM

Ok guys.. it's not a Dakota question but you may be able to give me some
clues.

My sweetie drives a 1997 Dodge Stratus. We're having some small
transmission troubles that the dealer can't reproduce. Two things are
happening... 1) It takes a while for the transmission to engage when
shifting into drive. Not a really long time.. just longer then it should.
2) Occasionally at highway speeds the tranny seems to shift down and right
back up.. quickly. This happens on level terrain.

These aren't tantrum-throwing problems but would like to have them fixed if
they are indeed problems. Dealer says to wait until it gets worse. :-)

Matthew Brandes

'97 Dodge Dakota SLT+
Black/Mist Gray Club-Cab, V8