97 DAK rear axle/shimmy

From: Miller, Robert A (RAMiller@sycamore.com)
Date: Sun Nov 23 1997 - 00:20:30 EST

------ =_NextPart_001_01BCF78C.762A5860

can someone explain how a limited slip differential works?
normal operating temps?
normal axle end play?
Hoping to find cure for stopping problems/ truck shutters during
braking, feels exactly like rear rotors are warped.
until truck gets up to operating temp on first drive of day, it feels
like the rear end shimmering from side to side.
When truck hits bump rear end bounces, 100 lbs of sand fixed that.
Replaced tires and had shaved and balanced with strobe lite.
Checked driveline sync to rear end and balanced.
Proportioning valve and rear adjusters were just replaced.
I was convinced brakes were problem.
But each time I get it back the problem is still there.
Stopping using just emergency brake is real smooth.
I need to look elsewhere for possible solutions.
The dealer admits it has something wrong but is not offering to help
find cure, there are just some things we should not have to accept as
normal (when they are not).
Robert

------ =_NextPart_001_01BCF78C.762A5860

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3DUS-ASCII">
5.0.1458.49">

</HEAD>
<BODY>

<FONT SIZE=3D2>can someone explain how a limited slip differential =
works?</FONT>
<FONT SIZE=3D2>normal operating temps?</FONT>
<FONT SIZE=3D2>normal axle end play?</FONT>
<FONT SIZE=3D2>Hoping to find cure for stopping problems/ truck =
shutters during braking, feels exactly like rear rotors are warped. =
</FONT>
<FONT SIZE=3D2>until truck gets up to operating temp on first drive =
of day, it feels like the rear end shimmering from side to side.</FONT>
<FONT SIZE=3D2>When truck hits bump rear end bounces, 100 lbs of =
sand fixed that.</FONT>
<FONT SIZE=3D2>Replaced tires and had shaved and balanced with =
strobe lite.</FONT>
<FONT SIZE=3D2>Checked driveline sync to rear end and =
balanced.</FONT>
<FONT SIZE=3D2>Proportioning valve and rear adjusters were just =
replaced.</FONT>
<FONT SIZE=3D2>I was convinced brakes were problem. </FONT>
<FONT SIZE=3D2>But each time I get it back the problem is still =
there. </FONT>
<FONT SIZE=3D2>Stopping using just emergency brake is real =
smooth.</FONT>
<FONT SIZE=3D2>I need to look elsewhere for possible =
solutions.</FONT>
<FONT SIZE=3D2>The dealer admits it has something wrong but is not =
offering to help find cure, there are just some things we should not =
have to accept as normal (when they are not).</FONT></P>

<FONT SIZE=3D2>Robert</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>