97 DAK idle questions

From: Miller, Robert A (RAMiller@sycamore.com)
Date: Sun Nov 23 1997 - 00:43:26 EST

------ =_NextPart_001_01BCF78F.AADE2340

having the 318 V8 whith the transmission in park I can not get the
engine to run smooth between the 600 rpm at idle and 1200 rpm. it will
still run but it acts like it misfiring on about half the cylinders.
I needed to know if this could be the culprit of my stopping related
shimmy in the rear end, due to the tourqe converter locking and
unlocking during braking. It feels like the driveline is bent or is
about to fall out.
It only has 27,000 miles on it, but i'm afraid if I don't solve this it
will tear it's self up before 100,000 miles.
someone please see this message and say to themselves I can help.
I work rotaing shifts and get free long distance phone calls (maybe not
after their server reads this) I can't focus on the finer things in
life, like upgrading exhuast and bigger tires until I solve this
problem. My parents think I am a complainer, and say I should have
bought a Chevy. But my dad wont put his 454 up against my 318. He says
his truck weighs to much to even want to try.
I used to drive Toyota's/never again.
Thanks in advance.
Robert A. Miller

------ =_NextPart_001_01BCF78F.AADE2340

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3DUS-ASCII">
5.0.1458.49">

</HEAD>
<BODY>

<FONT SIZE=3D2>having the 318 V8 whith the transmission in park I =
can not get the engine to run smooth between the 600 rpm at idle =
and 1200 rpm. it will still run but it acts like it misfiring on =
about half the cylinders. </FONT></P>

<FONT SIZE=3D2>I needed to know if this could be the culprit of my =
stopping related shimmy in the rear end, due to the tourqe converter =
locking and unlocking during braking. It feels like the driveline is =
bent or is about to fall out. </FONT></P>

<FONT SIZE=3D2>It only has 27,000 miles on it, but i'm afraid if I =
don't solve this it will tear it's self up before 100,000 miles. =
</FONT>
<FONT SIZE=3D2>someone please see this message and say to =
themselves I can help. </FONT>
<FONT SIZE=3D2>I work rotaing shifts and get free long distance =
phone calls (maybe not after their server reads this) I can't =
focus on the finer things in life, like upgrading exhuast and bigger =
tires until I solve this problem. My parents think I am a =
complainer, and say I should have bought a Chevy. But my dad wont put =
his 454 up against my 318. He says his truck weighs to much to =
even want to try.</FONT></P>

<FONT SIZE=3D2>I used to drive Toyota's/never again.</FONT>
<FONT SIZE=3D2>Thanks in advance.</FONT>
<FONT SIZE=3D2>Robert A. Miller</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>