Re: Got MY Dak

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 24 1997 - 09:12:44 EST

> Picked up the Dakota yesterday.
> Black V8, CC 5-sp., G-pkg., ABS, and all the other good shit.
> Plan to have a Rhino lining installed sometime during the next week. So
> far I like. Traded in the Camaro from hell. Plan to pick up a 3rd gen.
> Firebird in the near future.
>
> Question:
> Is anyone using synthetic oil? If so what kind and how do you like it?

I'm using Castrol Syntec in my car, the one difference I've noticed is
that it used to use about 1/2 quart every couple of weeks, since I put in
the Syntec it hasn't used any oil (been about a month and 1500 miles ago),
so that in itself will probably make me keep using it...

BTW, from what I've read your not supposed to use a synthetic in an engine
until it has at least 15-20K miles on it so the engine has time to break
in properly, you might want to keep that in mind...

Bruce