Re: Re: Wiper blades

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Mon Nov 24 1997 - 18:41:11 EST

----------
> From: Lloyd W. Christianson <rtkba@juno.com>
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> Cc: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> Subject: DML: Re: Wiper blades
> Date: Monday, November 24, 1997 02:05 PM
>
> Never had it happen to me before Sam. But for now, I'll clean the
> windshield and see what happens.
> Wayne
> RTKBA@juno.com
> 95 SLT, Extended Cab, 4X4, V6 Auto, K&N FIPK, Terminator Muffler,
> Autolite Double Platnums

        Well, I live in San Diego, and we get about 4-6 inches rainfall max. on
average. When it 'mists' here, the wipers are either a) skipping &
streaking, or
b)cleaning the windshield so fast, that they actually run 'dry' for a time
leaving
the rubber marks... I've tried the triple edge, the Trico brand, etc.
I've had the
best luck with Trico (basically an OEM blade), the use Rain-X washer fluid
in the water res., and put an application of Rain-X treatment to the
windshield.
In semi-heavy rain (about .75" over a days time out here!) I can drive
without
my wipers....and see plane as day.

        Sam '95 SLT Dakota