Re: Re: Wiper blades

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Mon Nov 24 1997 - 12:29:17 EST

At 07:53 AM 11/24/97 -0800, you wrote:
>New wipers have always done that on my cars. After a few
>hours of use, clean the windshield real good, and the wipers will
>no longer 'wipe off' on your windshield.
>

>Sam '95 SLT Dakota
>

>----------
>> From: Lloyd W. Christianson <rtkba@JUNO.COM>
>> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
>> Subject: DML: Wiper blades
>> Date: Sunday, November 23, 1997 11:08 AM
>>
>> This is not exactly Dakota specific, but it does deal with my Dakota.
>>
>> About a month ago, I sent my daughter out to wash the windshield of my
>*snip*

Was Watching Shadetree Mechanic over the weekend. They suggested using
'denatured alcohol' to clean the rubber wiper blades. Maybe this would
work to prevent this problem with new blades. Note, I just put new CC
blades on my Dakota and didn't have any problems with the rubber wiping-off
and have never (30 years) had this problem with new blades.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, B.C.
Canada