Re: 4x2 flares

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Mon Nov 24 1997 - 21:56:14 EST

At 09:01 PM 11/24/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I've ordered my '98 Dak Sport CC w/ 5.2 and so on. I stopped into the local
>dealer parts counter to pick up a '98 Dakota Accessories catalog and while
>there, inquired as to whether there was a fender flare kit for the non-Sport
>Plus Dakota. Parts guy said "Yes, there is. What color?" Turns out there
>is a flare kit available from Dodge and sounds to be the same thing that
>comes on the 4WD Sport Plus. Has anyone installed this kit? Is it REALLY
>the same as the 4WD Sport Plus? Any tricks to installation? How DO they
>actually install? Neat part is my color (Flame Red) is available so I
>wouldn't have to paint.

I was thinking of putting them on my '97 (because of the mud being thrown
up into the door), but I chose mud flaps instead...but, I talked to the
head of the dealer's body shop and he told me that they screw into the rim
of the fenders well (holes are already there) and stick with two sided tape
onto the outside of the fender.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, B.C.