Re: Warranties

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 25 1997 - 10:06:17 EST

> Hello all, I just joined the list and on Saturday I signed for my first brand new vehicle.
> 98 Dakota Club Cab 4X4 Sport.
> They offered me the extended warranty from Chrysler at $1550 for 5 year 100,000 miles.
> I see another warranty available through a company I saw on the Edmunds web page.
> It's a company called Warranty Gold and theirs is 5 year, 100,000 miles for $1000.
> Anybody have any experience with either of these warranties, good or bad ??
> Thanks,
> Nick

Hi Nick,
        Personally I would rather pay the extra $550 and get the factory
extended warranty, I mean true sometimes the dealerships sometimes give
you the runaround but ususally they will fix your problem eventually, who
knows how Edmunds is going to treat you. i say go the factory warranty
route.....

Bruce