Re: Warranties

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Tue Nov 25 1997 - 11:02:19 EST

----------
> From: sperduton@mail.dnb.com
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> Subject: DML: Warranties
> Date: Tuesday, November 25, 1997 04:16 AM
>
> Hello all, I just joined the list and on Saturday I signed for my first
brand new vehicle.
> 98 Dakota Club Cab 4X4 Sport.
> They offered me the extended warranty from Chrysler at $1550 for 5 year
100,000 miles.
> I see another warranty available through a company I saw on the Edmunds
web page.
> It's a company called Warranty Gold and theirs is 5 year, 100,000 miles
for $1000.
> Anybody have any experience with either of these warranties, good or bad
??

        Get the Chrysler backed warranty. You'll be able to have the truck
serviced any
where there's a Dodge dealership. One other item you may not know, the
$1550 is a
commission item. When I bought my truck, they wanteed $1100 for it. I
told them,
"Hey, I know you mark that up and make a commission on it, that's too
high." They
agreed, and lowered the price to $650.00.... I still didn't bite, and they
dropped it
to $600.00, and they said they couldn't go any lower. I started to walk,
and they
said they'd throw in a few free services on the truck... So I paid $600
for it, got
them to remove the pin striping for free, no charge for the dealer added
door edge
protector ($110.00 additional per their window sticker), and had my first 2
services
for free (1000 check up, and 3000 mi oil change/checkup), and a full tank
of gas
when I left... It might be too late for you to haggle now, as you already
picked up the
truck....

        Sam '95 SLT Dakota