Re: Spreadbores

From: Brett Miller (bamiller@csupomona.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 26 1997 - 11:11:08 EST

>disagree.

>> This is my favorite and Carter, edelbrock and rochester all
make good ones <<

>I've never seen a "Good" Carter Thermoquad. I've got a tub full in my
>shop. I can't make them work, and I've always considered myself a
>fairly good fixer upper, and have always had good luck on all other
>carbs except the thermoquad. I do not like them.

>Azie

If you do get a TQ working its one of the best spreadbores on the market.
Just make sure the resin body isn't warped. By the way Edelbrock makes
Carter carbs now... both are forms of the AFB. The bodies are made by
Weber... yet another carb that when tuned right is awesome....

Brett Miller
Cal Poly Pomona Formula Racing Team
1974 Porsche 914 2.0
Used to have a 94 Dakota