Re: Re: Dakota puchase questions

From: H62300@aol.com
Date: Fri Nov 28 1997 - 11:44:25 EST

With my truck I ordered the 3:90s with the auto.Having had many mopars with
small blocks through the years.They only put out so much power in factory
state.We are talking about a 4500 lb truck with a 318 CID.The manual trans
Dakota will work much
better in driveability due to the selection of ratios.The auto seems to not
have enough
usable torque below 2500 RPM to satisfy me.That is the reason that the MP
computer is taking so long,they want to get it right the first time.They are
really concentrating on TORQUE.Torque wins races not horsepower.There is a
Magnum truck tech line 1 800 362 3569 for MP products tech.