Re: Re: Dakota puchase questions

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Fri Nov 28 1997 - 13:00:04 EST

>Where are you getting your information? Why do you say that the other
>ratios will cause you to fall out of the tourque curve. I think your
>wrong. I think the 3.55s and 3.21s will result in better gas mileage, even
>if only slightly. I'm really curious as to why you say this.
>
>Andy

I agree with you entirely Andy. I had a 78 3/4 ton with a 4.11 rear end
and a 360 V8 automatic. Pulled like a work horse, but got 10 mpg
(Canadian) always. Highway, city, empty or loaded it didn't matter.
Started to really scream above 65 mph A friend had the same truck with a
3.55 rear end and got 15 mpg in town and 20 on the highway. Cruised
pleasantly at 70. Wasn't quite so good for pulling stumps.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, B.C.
Canada