Re: Soap

From: Rob Robinson (u4d6r6mh@coastalnet.com)
Date: Sat Nov 29 1997 - 12:42:20 EST

>>Ya know, not to scare anyone but....
>>
>>When I bought my 92 Brilliant Blue metallic 4x4 Dak, it had a "dull" area on
>>the roof...
>>
>>I blew it off, thinking that it was a thinned clearcoat area or somesuch.....
>>
>>Well, a few years later, it started peeling BAD in that area.....The roof
>>was repainted free of charge by the dealer...
>>
>>Now, I seem to have two other areas that have a similar "lack of luster"
>>that I couldve sworn were perfect before....
>>
>>I am watching closely to see any developments occur....
>>
>>ANyone else have a similar experience??
>>

>My 89 Plymouth Sundance is metallic blue ... same problem with the roof
>...gray patches, peeling clearcoat.
>I paid to repaint the roof, local dealer said it was too old. One day I'll
>have to do the whole car, clearcoast is peeling all over the remainder and
>the trunk lid is starting to go.
>

>Rob Agnew
>ragnew@islandnet.com
>
>Victoria, B.C.
>Canada

Chevrolet did a big recall of their paint when they had this same
problems.. Repainted thousands of cars.

I would recommend that everyone with peeling paint on a Chrysler, call in
to customer service and register a complaint. Who knows, Chrysler may
issue a paintl recall also.

worth a try!!

Red 96 Dakota Sport V8 3.55 Burgundy 68 Barracuda Fastback
Shortbed, Standard Cab 318-904 8 3/4 rear3.23 sure-grip
K&N filterpack-clone Moser cut van axles w 11" drums
Rhino performance muffler Duals with Formula S exhaust tips
w/dual exhaust Power steering/Dealer installed
                                        airconditioning