Re: R/T, automatic debate, etc.

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Sat Nov 29 1997 - 16:23:44 EST

At 12:47 PM 11/29/97 -0500, Charles A. Schliebs wrote:
>Dan, thanks for your comments and reference to your pictures. I will check
>them out.
>On the automatic vs. stick debate, I tend to manual, and actually so does
>my wife, but she has convinced herself that in a reasonably big truck it is
>unlikely that a manual will shift as smoothly as she would like. While I
>will do most of the driving of the Dakota, she wants to be able to
>comfortably drive it as well. She has driven a V8 automatic and thinks it

   Hey, my Mom has driven my V8 manual on several occasions and I haven't
received any complaints. :-)

>is great. I have never seen a V8 stick sitting on a lot available for a
>test drive. Of course, if we get an R/T, there is no issue as it will only
>be available in automatic. Charlie

   Yup, a v8 stick is a rare beast indeed. I've never seen one on a lot.
However, a friend of mine just told me that, at this very moment, there
is a low mileage, '95 blue 4x4 V8 manual sitting on a lot in Jamestown, NY.
(I think its a Nissan dealer.) If anyone is interested, that beauty won't
last long. :-) I haven't actually seen the truck myself. He wanted to
buy it, but he would have had some complications getting out of his loan
for his Ferd Ranger. (No, I have no idea what they're asking for the truck.)

                                              -Jon-

  .--- stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu -- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ---.
  | DoD# 1038, EAA# 518210, NMA# 117376, USUA# A46209, KotWitDoDFAQ, RP-SEL |
  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT Club Cab, '96 Kolb FireFly 447 (#FF019) |
   I do not speak for the SUNY College at Fredonia; any opinions are my own.