Re: ABS Troubles

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Mon Dec 01 1997 - 17:02:51 EST

At 03:45 PM 12/1/97 EST, you wrote:

>>My '94 Dakota V6 4wd is acting up -- the ABS and brake failure warning
>>lights have come on. Braking is normal although the ABS isn't working; the
>>fluid in the front half of the master cylinder was down slightly. The
>>emergency brake isn't on; when it is engaged, the brake light gets
>>brighter. Is there a self - diagnosis feature on the '94 that will deal
>>with ABS faults, or is this a dealer job?

I had the ABS light come on last summer on my 97. To make the story short,
the dealer can
pull the code if the light is on when you take it in. (Mine was on/off
intermittantly).
The code pointed to the left wheel speed sensor, but it turned out to be a
broken wire (to the speed sensor) in
a wiring harness. He replaced the short harness and the problem went away.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, B.C.
Canada