Re: : Re:Kick a mustang (was Dakota puchase questions)

From: Rob Robinson (u4d6r6mh@coastalnet.com)
Date: Mon Dec 01 1997 - 17:38:40 EST

>>Where have you been hiding? Mopar Action did a article that a
>>93-94 Dakota
>>with 3.9 sure-grip and Mopar Computer kicked not only a slightly
>>modified
>>Mustang LX 5.0 but also the new Firebird. This was done in the
>>quartermile, no further.
>>But, isn't that what matters?
>>

>Dude, you've GOT to tell me where you get your drugs! Maybe my Honda
>will whip up on those Stanks and Birds, too! :)
>
>What, did they put a Dodge tailgate on a Firebird and call it a
>Dakota that could beat Mustangs? :)
>
>On the other hand, I'm VERY well aware of how fast a Dakota can be
>with just a few little tweaks, and this Firebird owner makes sure to
>NEVER be caught off-guard. There's this one pesky Dak owner here in
>Austin that drives a silver-grey 94 that thinks he's gonna catch me
>one day. Funny thing about dem Dodges: Every time he's anywhere
>within a mile of my car my throttle foot gets twitchy and the gas
>mileage goes down. Hmm, what could be causing that?
>
>Seriously, thanks for the humor. I'm gonna have a smiley on my face
>all day after that post!
>
>-Carl
>1995 Firebird, 13.7 @ 104
>(and headers going on this weekend, WOO HOO!)

Glad you enjoyed that one, but it did beat a STOCK firebird in the quarter.
If it had been any longer of a track, the firebird would have won. Sounds
like you have a nice Firebird. Hope a supercharged Dakota doesn't find
you. :-)

Just kidding. I'm not trying to start anything! Couldn't resist.

Red 96 Dakota Sport V8 3.55 Burgundy 68 Barracuda Fastback
Shortbed, Standard Cab 318-904 8 3/4 rear3.23 sure-grip
K&N filterpack-clone Moser cut van axles w 11" drums
Rhino performance muffler Duals with Formula S exhaust tips
w/dual exhaust Power steering/Dealer installed
                                        airconditioning