Comments and questions

From: Cosmicfrog@aol.com
Date: Mon Dec 01 1997 - 20:37:46 EST

   Rather than take up hard drive space with eleventy eleven messages, I'=
ll
just send one on various topics.

   #1 I've got a 1993 Dakota Sport with the 3.9 engine. Does anybody know
where I can get a set of cast aluminum valve covers? I'd dearly love to h=
ave
a set like for the V-8 from M.P. but the one factory rep. I talked to sou=
nded
like it would be an imposition. I like the cast aluminum because they loo=
sharp and seal really well. I'm open to other manufacturers.

   #2 Has anybody else had trouble with rear brake drum warpage? I replac=
ed
both back drums (one at a time). The first one was replaced with a Mopar =
part
from the dealer. It lasted about 3 months. The second one was replaced wi=
th a
Wagner brand drum and no problems with it.

   #3 Does anybody know where I can get a hard wired thermometer similar =
the ones in the overhead consoles? They weren't available in '93 and I ca=
n't
find any Dakotas in the salvage yards around here. They go to the rebuild=
ers
as fast as they come in. I work outside and the temperature is of great
concern to me.

   #4 Anybody need an original seat from a regular cab Sport? I replaced =
mine
about 1=BD years after I bought it with a nice one out of an LT. It might=
 have
gotten dirty sitting in the garage but unless the mice got into it, it's =
not
ripped or worn.

                                     Regards, Paul