Re: milage

From: David Zavetsky (zavetsky@steelcity.net)
Date: Tue Dec 02 1997 - 08:14:43 EST

>You call that good? 3.55, V8, 2WD, 5 speed, club cab. 17 around town,
>19 on the freeway. The trick to good milage around town is to keep the
>rpm down. With the 5-speed I can floor it and shift at 2500 rpm.

Well, actually, "good" was a typo (being facitious, is more like it!)

I have a 4x4, 3.90 gears auto, standard cab, V8.......I would not expect to
get the same MPG as folks with 2wd, 3.55, 5 speeds, but should I be this far
off?? (11-12 city, 14-16 hiway??)

I also have a Lund moonvisor, which I believe gives me a little more drag,
thus bringing down MPG...