Re: milage

From: Jason & Norah (janor@ican.net)
Date: Tue Dec 02 1997 - 08:56:37 EST

At 08:14 AM 12/2/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I have a 4x4, 3.90 gears auto, standard cab, V8.......I would not expect to
>get the same MPG as folks with 2wd, 3.55, 5 speeds, but should I be this far
>off?? (11-12 city, 14-16 hiway??)
>
>I also have a Lund moonvisor, which I believe gives me a little more drag,
>thus bringing down MPG...

Well, hate to put a hole in that theory, but I also have a Lund moonvisor.
'95 4x4, 3.90 5-speed V6. I usually get around 15-16 in a mix of highway
and city, and now that my commute is mostly highway miles, I usually get
around 18-19. Driving across the country dragging a U-Haul trailer I got
about 16 the whole way. I do have a tonneau cover over the bed. Maybe that
explains it.

Jason