Re: Comments and questions

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Tue Dec 02 1997 - 15:43:46 EST

> #3 Does anybody know where I can get a hard wired thermometer similar to
>the ones in the overhead consoles? They weren't available in '93 and I can't
>find any Dakotas in the salvage yards around here. They go to the rebuilders
>as fast as they come in. I work outside and the temperature is of great
>concern to me.

There was a thread from back in February about the overhead consoles:

The company is Mito Corp. They can be reached at:
  VOICE 219-295-2441
  FAX 219-522-5480

The following is from http://www.mitocorp.com/mirror.htm :

Prince Electronic Rearview Mirror

Digital outside temperature with "ICE", icy conditions indicator
Digital Electronic Compass with AutoCalTM
Maplights for driver and passenger sides
Built to O.E.M. specifications
Find out about Remote Keyless Entry!
Installation Instructions (Can be saved or printed, 17K.)
Installation Schematic (Can be saved or printed, 17K.)
Made in the U.S.A.

(snip)

Outside Temperature Display

The outside temperature display provides you with a digital temperature
reading. When the temperature is at or below 37
degrees the display will indicate "ICE" for a period of one minute. This
feature cautions you to anticipate road icing conditions.

Hope this helps.

Jim

Dakota - The Right Caliber of Dodge Magnum Force.