Re: Mileage

From: Chip Maurer (chip@unx.dec.com)
Date: Wed Dec 03 1997 - 11:40:51 EST

I've watched the mileage for my 97 (with 10k miles) go
from mid to upper 15's this summer, to low 14's. Its
a stick V8 CC 4x4. This is based on the overhead console.

I'm attributing this to a couple factors. First, I have
been using defroster more because of frost, cold and
condensation in the morning. Secondly, I believe that NJ
stations start pumping oxygenated gas on 11/1. I've heard
that it impacts mileage, but I never paid attention to
this until now. I'm running 87 octane. Should I go to 89?

--
| Chip Maurer           chip@unx.dec.com    |