Re: FIPK

From: Daniel Colucci (djcolucci@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Dec 03 1997 - 17:54:33 EST

Yes, the Vortech is gear driven which is oil fed. The Paxton has its own
oil supply and is more of a compressor. I called Jegs, and asked them the
difference between the superchargers Hi-Po and regular, and they said that
the Hi-Po was for the high performance engine. I am not aware that Dodge
ever put out a high performance Magnum engine over and above what they
already have. I then called Paxton and they said that the hi-po version
had a different impeller that increased the boost. Jegs should never have
given this bad advice, they should have just referred me to Paxton.
I bought a Vortech last June and I'm very pleased with it. It was easy to
install and gives quite a kick. The only problem is that I hit the fuel
shut off on the Mopar SBEC and can't fully utilize the power. I'm working
on this problem however.

Dan