Re: Re: FIPK, (NOW, "BLOWER POWERED DAK")

From: John Michael Foster (foster.john@mailexcite.com)
Date: Wed Dec 03 1997 - 16:47:51 EST

>> would it be possible or practical or even beneficial to install some
>> kind of gizmo to feed pressurized air or oxygen into the air box?
>>
>> Dave
>>
>Don't know about the pressurized air, but do not try to feed pure oxygen
>into the air box, pure oxygen is highly flammable so your liable to have
>an engine fire if try to feed it into the airbox, other than that I don't
>know whether it would be helpful or harmful....
>
>Bruce

I guess this is the best time tell all of you about what I've been experimenting
with for the last couple of weeks. It's my "now" leaf blower powered 318 DAK CC Sport.
I used an electric Weed Eater blower, the origenal air cleaner assembly, 800 watt
power inverter, a dimmer switch, bicycle tubing, cables, and some clamps and screws.
So far I've noticed better torqe and gas milage but I'm not done tinkering yet. It
sounds like a giant vacume cleaner when running full power. Yes, I know this sounds
pretty nutty, but so far results are'nt bad at a cheap price, I just don't like using
a rake to clean my yard.

Regards, John

http://www.mailexcite.com