Transmissions

From: am14@chrysler.com
Date: Thu Dec 04 1997 - 09:19:05 EST

For some unknown reason all of this attached post did not go thru the
1st time.

Azie
---------------------- Forwarded by Azie Magnusson/HNT/Chrysler on
12/04/97 08:20 AM ---------------------------

Azie Magnusson
12/03/97 07:45 AM
To: dakota-truck @ buffnet.net @ SMTP
cc:
Subject: Transmissions

Tim: Chrysler has a very large transmission complex in Kokomo, In.
They also are joint venture owners of New Venture Gear in Syracuse, NY.
with GM. All Chrysler transmissions that I know of come from one of
these plants. (Manuals and autos. There may be some of the newer 5
speeds outsourced. I'm not sure about this.) All the rear ends for
rear wheel drive applications that are made by Chrysler Corp come from
Detroit Axle. Some of the larger trucks use Dana's.

>>Does Chrysler Corp. really build Dodge's transmissions<<

Azie