Re: My hopes of a truck

From: Jeff Lee (jlee@atlanta.nsc.com)
Date: Fri Dec 05 1997 - 09:40:08 EST

wayne@justicenet.net wrote:

> Well I was all set to get a new 98 Dak with the SLT+ package and all
> the bells & whistles. V8 and 2 wheel drive. All for the low price of
> $19,400. Then I went to my insurance company... I have 1 measly
> little speeding ticket (67 in a 55) and they look at me and laughed!
> It would be $257 a MONTH on top of a $400 per month payment.
> So I am looking at a 94 V6 auto, only $14,300 with a $150 monthly
> insurance bill. Any thoughts on that?
>
> ~ Wayne ~

Bummer Wayne! You didn't mention your age, but I assume that your in a
pricy group. I just got a quote for basically the same vehicle (98
Sport, 2WD, Reg Cab, V8, 5spd, loaded) for about $560 a year. Of course
I'm also in the over 35 and married catagory (where did all those years
go...).

Don't give up hope. Definitely take the advise from the other posts and
shop around. I would also ask for quotes with a high deductable
($500-$1000). This may sound steep, but your better off caching that
chunk of change in the bank for an emergency.

jeff