Re: RE: Club??

From: Brian Blatter (brian@pure-energy.net)
Date: Thu Dec 04 1997 - 14:47:50 EST

> than set up a competing "Dakota Club" or whatever you guys are planning
> on, why don't you just work out some deal with Jon to either help
administer
> or assume full responsibility for the DML home page?

*snip*
> My idea is add to what we've already got. You've come up with some
> excellent proposals, but I see no need to create a new group/list/domain/
> whatever separate from the current DML. At best, a competing group will
> bleed resources from both.
>
> Ron

I don't see the Dakota Truck Club as a competition to the DML. I see it as
an addition. Heck, I bought my Dak because of what I received from the
list, the only problem was when I was looking at getting my truck I had no
idea the list existed until I posted a message to the dodge news group and
they forwarded it. I don't think we are proposing a new mailing list or
news group, just a common place for owners (and non owners) of Dakotas to
get information about the truck they have (or are wanting to purchase.)

I think Jon has done an excellent job with the list and hope he continues
for a long time. I don't think that he needs to worry about adding links
to homepages and other Dakota interests on his DML page (unless he wants
to), he has enough to do just with the list itself. I do think, however,
that the DML and DTC can work together to provide a wide array of
information. By Jon just keeping archives of the list that is a big
benefit. We could have a link to the archives on the DTC page and
eventually a search engine could be set up to search those archives for
information that has been discussed on the list (like which is better Auto
or 5sp, or what MPG everybody is getting. :)) In short I think we should
work with Jon and combine are resources to make this a great list and club.

Ok, I've said enough, I'll step down from my soapbox now.
Brian
brian@pure-energy.net
PURE ENERGY.net - Your source for Internet Presence!
http://www.pure-energy.net

Pure Energy Mobile DJ - Good Music for Great Parties and Dances
dj@pure-energy.net
http://www.pure-energy.net/dj