Changing Fluid/filter

From: am14@chrysler.com
Date: Thu Dec 04 1997 - 14:48:28 EST

lubricants in anything, much less in an auto tranny. I'll be honest.
I don't know what CC recomends as for changing the oil in their
trannys, but I've always faithfully changed fluid/filter every 30000
miles. Every time I've changed, in all my vehicles, I've found trash
in the bottom of the pan and speciffically around the magnet CC uses in
their pans. Now if I remove this trash every once in a while, I remove
the possibility of it getting in the clutchpacks, valve body, front
pump, and all the force fed bearings. How could this possibly be
detremental to the life of the tranny????????? It can't. I'm no
chemist by any stretch of the imagination, but I would think changing
fluids would also be removing any chemical buildup, also. I do know
that the majority of auto trannys problems result from starving the
system of fluid pressure because the filter gets slightly clogged,
resulting in loss of pressure to some very vitals such as pistons in
clutch packs causing slippage of the clutches which results in more
trash in the filter, hence complete rebuild time for the tranny. All
JMHO.
I know this is long, but I just had to respond.

>>Someone once advised me NOT to change the Transmission fluid because
it can do more harm than good. I have pretty much disregarded his
advice but does anyone have any reasons why he would tell me that,
other than he wanted to sell me a transmission?<<

Azie