Re: Geico

From: Robert Tufts (rbt@frontiernet.net)
Date: Fri Dec 05 1997 - 14:01:42 EST

  I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the fact that your place of
residence is probably the biggest factor in auto insurance cost,
next to age and gender. Compare insurance rates for otherwise equivalent
insurees living in Los Angeles and Parker, AZ, for example.

  Ron

Exaclty. My insurance dropped to 1/2 what is was in central MA upon moving
to W. NY. I just put my '98 CC 4X4 on in place of my old truck and the
initial estimate is $840/yr, but I see they got it entered as a 4X2..
something to do with the 98 codes are too new to decipher the VIN. I expect
it to go up, but not radically when the final bill comes in. If I was still
in MA it would probably be $1700 or more. If we're talking the metro Boston
area it would probably be $2500 or more. It pays to be old(44) multiple cars
and be in the boonies vs being under 25 with one car in a major city.

-Bob T.