Re: Knock Sensors was: RE: Poor Gas Mileage

From: Cosmicfrog (Cosmicfrog@aol.com)
Date: Sat Dec 06 1997 - 10:15:30 EST

<< I beg to differ, but our engines definitely do *NOT* have knock sensors!
 I believe there was a thread about this some time ago, while our engines
 are computer controlled, they don't have knock sensors. Most of the
 newer CC FWD Turbo Vehicles have knock sensors, and I can't vouch for
 the other manufacturers, but AFAIK, Daks don't have knock sensors (at
 least thru the '96 model). If the '97-up models have one, then it's a
 new feature. Can anyone confirm or deny??

 Ciao!

> Ned Vogler >>

   ????????? (gasp) The next thing I know, you'll tell me I don't have points
and condensors either! :-)

   After I read your message, I realized you're right. I'm just so used to
older iron,I forget about computers.