Re: My hopes of a truck

From: Cosmicfrog (Cosmicfrog@aol.com)
Date: Sat Dec 06 1997 - 10:15:23 EST

<< Well I was all set to get a new 98 Dak with the SLT+ package and all
 the bells & whistles. V8 and 2 wheel drive. All for the low price of
 $19,400. Then I went to my insurance company... I have 1 measly
 little speeding ticket (67 in a 55) and they look at me and laughed!
 It would be $257 a MONTH on top of a $400 per month payment.
 So I am looking at a 94 V6 auto, only $14,300 with a $150 monthly
 insurance bill. Any thoughts on that? >>

   My thought is you need to see about getting another insurance company. I
only pay about $85 for three vehicles. I run a lot of miles up too. What rip
off....er....insurance company are you with? Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe?
   I had an insurance agent that swapped companies when I was about 20. My
insurance went up 125%. I went to Allstate (I had gone to school with my
agent) and it was less than I was paying in the first place. However, Allstate
is really picky about who they insure. In 27 years of driving (yes, I'm an old
geezer) I've only had to pay one ticket.
   (Hint; never pass a State Trooper on the right hand side in an
intersection. Especially if there is loose gravel that will be picked up by
your tires and tossed against the front of his car.)