Re: RE: No muffler

From: WillTier (WillTier@aol.com)
Date: Sat Dec 06 1997 - 13:51:29 EST

<< Not too bad. When I removed my muffler, the guy helping me and myself
 looked at each other - somewhat amazed - when I started it up
 afterwards. Sounded good! Drove mine around with exhaust terminating at
 the end of the pipe behind the converter for a few days. Alas, too much
 echo under the truck for me and seemed to lose some bottom end punch.
 Liked the sound at low rpm, though. High rpm sounds like glasspacks -
 still does with custom pipe replacing muffler. Bottom end feels good
 again. Might try a large diameter perf muffler in the future. One nice
 thing - my "custom" exhaust (ha!) costs $30! >>

Yepper I have Cat Back duals with no mufflers, sounds great had tons of
comments at the drags and seems to run pretty good too. I think the cat makes
it tolerable and good sounding, if you tokk the cat off I'm sure it would be
too loud..

Bill